The AHA listserv, hosted by the University of Hawai‘i, exists to support AHA’s mission to promote cooperation and exchange of information among individuals interested in the preservation and use of archival and manuscript materials in the State of Hawai‘i and adjoining areas; to disseminate information on research materials and archival methodology; to provide a forum for the discussion of matters of common concern; and to cooperate with the Society of American Archivists in its objectives and with other similar cultural and educational organizations.
We utilize the list to communicate to our members and foster an online community of learning for our members. We welcome messages pertaining to all aspects of the theory and practice of the archives profession, including but not limited to:
- Job postings, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Announcements of archives-related workshops, conference and events
- News related to the archives profession or Hawai‘i archives/records repositories
- Requests for information or advice
Messages that are unrelated to the archives profession are off-topic and are prohibited. Other prohibited topics include, but are not limited to:
- Unsolicited commercial advertisements for goods and/or services (a.k.a. spam)
- Flames (personal attacks)
- Messages directed to specific individuals (please contact them directly)
- Political postings unrelated to archival issues
- Copyrighted material
When AHA receives your membership form and dues, your name will be added to the AHA listserv. If you would like the listserv directed to a different email address or would like to be removed from the listserv at any time, please use the “Contact Us” form on this website.