The Association’s mission is to support and provide continuing education for the state’s archivists and to encourage the preservation of and access to a wide variety of historical materials in archival repositories of Hawai‘i.
AHA upholds this mission by:
- Coordinating annual meetings with focused programs and networking opportunities
- Hosting educational workshops and presentations, given by local and national experts, as well as tours of archival repositories in Hawaiʻi.
- Conducting workshops on preserving and organizing personal and institutional papers, photos, textiles and other historical material for our local community
- Maintaining a listserv for communication and for exchanging ideas.
- Continually updating the AHA website to keep the membership informed about organizational operations and upcoming activities; as well as providing links to archival resources and an updated directory of archival and historical repositories in the state
What’s New with AHA:
Things to check out!!
- Join us for our 2022 AHA Annual Meeting: See here for more info
- Watch the recorded digital site visit with Archivist Eric Page at Lyman Museum in Hilo: See here for more info
- Watch the recorded digital site visit with former Curator of Archives and Librarian Kelsey Karsin at the Hawaiian Mission Houses Historic Site Archives: See here for more info